How To Create Better a Looking Description!
I am the worlds worst at explaining how things are done, But there is a need for improvement on many descriptions,
those that use the most basic of requirements need some kind of inspiration or ideas on how to improve their efforts,
This topic is to help those and the newcomers who have not used this style of filesharing site before,
it is a basic guide set out in simple terms, A quick start manual if you like to one of the most enjoyable aspects of uploadingMany descriptions have just the minimum information in place, simple text or a matrix style.
The description helps identify the material contained in the file, If that descriptions is more aesthetically pleasing, it will appear more
professional giving the impression of quality and is much more appealing to the viewer drawing more attention than a description
of just basic elements.
The index should be viewed as a catalogue with information and pictures contained within each torrent.
When one picks up a mail order catalogue one expects to see pictures of the items with full descriptions and technical data,
boring if they contained only text, people like to have an idea of what they want by viewing the picture of the item,
mail order catalogues are successful because of this and undoubtedly help sell the products, torrents are no different,
it all helps keeping them alive for as long as possible.
This tutorial will assist you in making a solid, clean description and with a little help from your own imagination make them
contenders for 'Torrent of the Week' which gains the torrent even more interest and is listed not only in the index
but listed in a separate index just for 'tow' as well, If you are lucky enough to win one, it adds a symbol of quality to your torrent!=====================================================================
The description panel has an array of tools to help you create an imaginative descriptions.
For a more detailed look at what the BBcodes can do, see Frankfoo's
The picture displays a minimal standard torrent description, I have seen many like this,
its ok, but nothing more than that, lets see if we can improve it!
NOTE. you cannot see any of the results until you eventually click 'confirm' when you have finished the entire description,
there is no preview, but once your torrent is up, review it and if any changes need to be made, simply click 'edit' next to
your torrents title, to go back in to the description page.
Also make sure your text is placed between the BBcode bars or else it won't show.
First of we need to do something with the title in the index, The header, should be bold and eye catching,
using multiple tabs,
1. rewrite the title in caps, highlight it and click 'change color' here i have gone for yellow, move to 'font size' click and choose a size, because the title is small I have selected 'X Large'.Lets add a picture of the albums front cover, either scan the cover then upload to a host site like Imageshack, you can resize the image yourself before hosting it or use the host's own resize tool if available,
2. on the description page move the text cursor down a couple of spaces, gaps between text and images is good to avoid a jumbled appearance, click the 'Img' tab, copy the image code from the host site you have it on, and paste that between
3. Putting in a sub title is a good idea, i.e Cast, Plot, Descriptions, in this case it will be 'Tracks'
move text bar down again, In caps write 'TRACKS' highlight and click color, select your 'color', move to 'font size' as it is a sub title it should not be as large as the header title, I have selected medium here.
4. Now comes the tracks, again move them down a couple of places, highlight them all, click color to add, click font size, I have chosen 'Small'
5. Using the same technique as above, to enhance the description more, add a back cover pic or a pic of the artist, or a description of the album or group,
I have done back cover and description here.
6. The important bit, data info, in this case Bitrate, Format and any additional info you want to supply.
7. To finish off, a message like 'please seed' coloured and large font or a h33t banner or your own banner or all 3, its up to you, I have chosen a h33t banner, the image is gif. and i have placed it between the image code bars. once you have your banners and or messages in place, when you need to make a new torrent, simply go back to your previous torrent description via the edit button, copy the codes and paste them on to your new upload page, this saves time.
9. After checking over the descriptions, insert the capta code and press confirm, remember to review the description once its up and edit any mistakes out.
One common mistake is to insert an image code in to the image bars that already has the 'img' bars on it, remember you only need one set, otherwise when the picture is displayed it will have 'img' either side of the image. also check for smiley faces, these occur when a text word has a bracket at the end i.e ) easiest way is to replace them with a square bracket
Now its finished, lets see how it compares to the original description.the image is not full width, its been cropped to display here. The original You can go even further with your descriptions by looking at the descriptions of the higher ranks torrent pages, you can insert trailer videos with the 'flash' tab in to your movie uploads, Links to your homepage or IMDB...screenshots, gif images, its up to your own imagination,
Once you have a reached a format for your design, one you are happy with it becomes easier and faster to apply it each time to your new torrents.
Do remember, descriptions do not have to be over complicated, a simple design with the use of a single picture and some coloured and or bold text can do a job good enough to be a contender for 'torrent of the week' Simple, clean & crisp descriptions do the job just as well!